I know what it is like to be where you can’t see. I have been places with horses and on horses that I have ridden for a long time and heard people say how green they were. I couldn’t see how that could be. Now I realize that my level of awareness had not yet developed to the point to that I could understand what they were saying.
Awareness will change your perceptive.
How do you develop awareness? First off desire for different or better results. You have to realize you’re not yet where you want to be. Before that you have to realize where you are at!
- Where are you?
- Where do you want to be?
You may have to establish an honest assessment of where you are. It might possible need the assistance of someone who is where you want to be in order to accurately identify your current state of awareness. In the beginning, this is the most important place to establish. It is what it is, merely a point of origin. What matters more is where you want to be. With this establishment of these two positions, the steps to arrive from where you are to where you want to be will become apparent as needed. When the student is ready the teacher appears.
Think and Ask yourself these questions.
- Are you satisfied where you are?
There is no sitting still and no one arrives. You are either striving forward or falling backwards.
- The ability to *learn, *unlearn and *relearn is the distinguishing factor to the bold who accept the challenges and stay the course to achieving positive growth.
- Do you have a definite place, a point of achievement in mind for this year?
Given the truth that life happens in the “NOW” it is your choice to take responsible in each moment to ensure your future is beholding to your desires. It is only in the recognition of the peace of the present, moment to moment that clear decisions can be made. Use the past to learn from but do not let your past defined or determine your future.
- Is your mind peaceful or racing with many of the could of, should of, what if, how can thoughts? A mind that is peaceful is in order and prepared to make decisions that will be of value and worth. A mind that is torn with fear, doubt, anxiety will produce only more of its kind. You choose?
- Peace of mind is directly tied to awareness. That awareness is developed with repetition which produces the attitude. Good attitude comes from making a conscious decision that is focused and deliberate with repetition on what you want. Do not let circumstances affect your attitude. What actions are you taking daily to the development of your attitude?
- The best thing you can do for your horse is work on yourself!
- What’s on the inside of a man shows up on the outside of his horse..Dennis Cappel
Why is the best thing you can do for your horse is work on yourself? You have to be able to get in the moment because that is where your horse is. That is the only place you can read a horse and elevate where that horse is physically and emotional. Those are the two most important aspects of horsemanship. You can only build confidence, trust and respect in your horse, because the only reason a horse will do anything at all for you is out of respect. Trust and confidence without respect is a recipe for disaster. When all three are present, all things are possible for you and your horse.
Do you feel stuck and need some support? Your not alone as nothing great has ever happened alone! DCH is committed to your understanding for your success. This year we offer many ways for you to achieve your dreams in 2018.
Personal mentorship with Dennis and Cindy
Creating Your Confident Mindset workshops
The Best To You Always,