Training for a Solid Foundation
Dennis does his best to get the horse to do what he wants them to do. He does not train by forcing them to do what he has asked, but allowing them to do what he wants and not allowing them to not do it.
Age Old saying: Right thing easy – Wrong thing difficult
Right thing is what you want and that is also your “Clear Mental Picture.” Anything outside of it is met with resistance, to make that difficult.
Training with Dennis either monthly or by lessons, you can expect the following:
- Establish a real relationship with your horse built on mutual Trust & Respect
- Learn how to read a horse through facial expressions, body parts, muscle tone, emotions and foot movement
- How to have body part control and the “why” that is so important to your success in any task or event
- How to achieve softness, body alignment and proper self carriage
- Gain confidence and improve your safety through your new found understanding when interacting with your horse.
What is the process?
Training for a solid foundation starts on the ground with effectively reading the horse’s body language.
The better you become at this, the more efficient your time spent with your horse will be.
Horses use facial expression, muscle tone, posture and foot movement to communicate with.
The attitude and emotional state of mind a horse is in will also be very important to accurately identify because it will determine “how” you interact with them.
On the ground we can use our eyesight to tell us what the horse is doing or getting ready to do. By reading the horse visually we know to apply more or less pressure so we can get the horse to respond correctly to us.